- Gromann, Dagmar & Hedblom, Maria M., "Breaking Down Finance - A method for concept simplification by identifying movement structures from the image schema PATH-following" CEUR-WS Proceedings, 2016.
- Dagmar Groman & Hedblom, Maria M.: "Breaking Down Finance - A method for concept simplification by identifying movement structures from the image schema PATH-following", 9th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems (FOIS) within the First International Workshop on Cognition And OntologieS (CAOS) Workshop, Annecy, France, 06.07.2016
- Thomas Brochhagen: "The semantics-pragmatics distinction under the lense of cultural evolution", Centre for Language Evolution seminar series, Edinburgh, 19.07.2016.
- Thomas Brochhagen: "Learning biases may prevent lexicalization of pragmatic inferences: a case study combining iterated (Bayesian) learning and functional selection", CogSci 2016, Philadelphia, 13.08.2016.
- Thomas Brochhagen: "Why semantics when pragmatics? And which? Replicator dynamics meets iterated Bayesian learning", agents reading group, Edinburgh, 22.08.2016.
- School visit of the 7th grade of the Benjamin Franklin International School in Barcelona to the IIIA-CSIC in Bellaterra on 26 April 2016 (approx. 53 school pupils) with a general introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI), a crowdsourcing activity, introduction to case based reasoning with soccer-playing robot dogs, an interactive exercises on machine learning, and an ask the experts session in small subgroups.