General Information on Ischia
Transfer from Naples Airport to Seaport
The Naples Alibus Airport Shuttle is a direct bus from the Naples Capodichino Airport, to the Central Train Station and Naples Molo Beverello Port. It is a cheap alternative to taking a taxi and more convenient than using the city buses. The Alibus bus stop is located approximately 50 metres from the entrance to the airport, and stops just outside the ferry ticket booths at the Naples Molo Beverello Port. The ticket costs around 4€ and can be purchased on board.
Alternatively, you can hire a taxi for around 25-35€ (max. 4 people).
Transfer from Naples Seaport to Ischia
The ferry from Naples to Ischia and vice versa is included in the hotel accommodation price. You can check out the timetable of arrivals and departures of the Medmar and Caremar companies. N.B., you should take the line Napoli-Ischia and not Pozzuoli. Important: in order to obtain a personal registration number to board your ferry, you should send your exact departure and arrival dates and hours to Francesca Annunziata at the travel agency taking care of bookings: email@example.com. Besides the dates and hours, please indicate in your email the fact that you are attending the ESSENCE event. You can also contact the travel agency by phone (see below).
Transfer from Ischia Seaport to Hotel Terme Tritone
The transfer from the port of Ischia to the hotel is not included in the price. You have three options:
- take a taxi to the hotel;
- take one of the following three lines of the Eavbus company: 1, 2, or CS, and get off at the stop ‘San Francesco’, between ‘Lacco’ and ‘Forio’ (buses leave more or less each 30 minutes, timetables here);
- if a group of attendees arrive to the Ischia sea port at the same time, we can arrange to pick you up: in this case, the travel agency will contact you in advance to inform you of this possibility. (Of course, for this to happen you need to inform them of your arrival times, as explained above.)
The Autumn School will be held at the Hotel Tritone**** which is located in the town of Forio, on the beach of San Francesco.
General Hotel Information
- Location: Forio
- Facilities: two restaurants, two bars.
- Rooms: equipped with air-conditioner, TV, hairdryer, fridge, and telephone.
- Services: indoor and outdoor swimming pool, Turkish bath, Kneipp pool, gym, TV room, wellness centre, and free Wi-Fi point. There is also a beautiful park around the hotel.
- Beach equipment: one sun umbrella and two loungers per room are included in the price.
- Spa: private spa facilities.
- 3 nights: 340€;
- 5 nights: 510€;
- 7 nights: 660€;
- single room: +15€ extra per day.
Autumn school attendees should ideally stay for 4 or 5 nights with an arrival date on Sunday 26 October and a departure date on 30 or 31 October. Nothing stops you from staying longer though, if you wish to do so, and we will help make arrangements upon request.
For any information related to travel or accommodation, you can contact directly the travel agency taking care of bookings (they speak English):
Pietro - 0039 366 2074154
Francesca - 0039 389 9410648
Silvana - 0039 331 4319763